Thursday 3 May 2012

Illimasqua Cream Pigment

I've been experimenting with blusher recently, previously a product that I'd entirely leave out of my daily makeup routine. However, I'm liking the rosy cheeked look, especially as summer is (supposedly) arriving.

My latest purchase is Illamasqua's Cream Pigment in 'Androgen'.
It arrived in a littlle nest of a package. A lot of packaging for one little product, but cute nonetheless! Felt like a little egg about to hatch...Generally I love the Illamasqua packaging, but this was far smaller than I imagined it to be. Even in the photos below it looks bigger than it is! Don't be fooled...haha. You get 8g of product in this thing, which I guess is not toooo bad.

Cream pigments can be used on eyes, lips and cheeks. I have mainly been using it on my cheeks, but I tried it on my lips a few times too. On the cheeks, I love the effect it has; a really subtle, peachy coral colour. On the lips, the colour is gorgeous, but it is slightly drying and shows up any bits of...skin or whatever uneveness is on the lips! So make sure you have exfoliated your lips with a lip scrub (I use Lush's Bubblegum lipscrub...but forgot to do it today, oops) to avoid it looking ikky.

I don't know if it has really shown up on here...on my eyes I am wearing Nars cream formula in Petula. This is a light swatch, but I am excited about building it up. I usually stick to gold/grey/lilac colours on my eyes, but I actually really like this look.

You can see the cream pigment on my cheeks a bit more clearly here. 

And a somewhat blurry pic of the cream pigment on the lips.

Have you tried this Illamasqua's cream pigments before? What do you think of them?

9 comments:

  1. Thanks, lovely. :)
    I have never tried this cream pigment thing, but it looks really good on you! Hope you're having better wheater today!?

    <3 Saritschka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so pretty on the cheeks! I've been looking for a peachy colour from Illamasqua, may just pick up this or their cream blush in Rude! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never bought anything from Illamasqua before! I'm a massive blush junkie though, may have to be one of my next purchases!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's a great colour, i expect on the eyes it would really make the colour pop too! :) always jealous of your purchases, you have the best collection! xxx

    http://doodleheartx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never bought anything from Illamasqua before but their products look so lovely. I like how this one is so versatile! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish we have Illamasqua here:( Anyhoo, that's good to know how the texture is on the cheeks AND the lips:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really must actually try cream blushers rather than being out, lazy & topping up/redoing powder blusher with . . . tinted vaseline (works a treat mind you). Terribly lazy of me.

    That looks lovely on you, perhaps I will have to succumb to yet another area of (technically unnecessary) indulgence?!

    Have a lovely weekend poppet. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow that is beautiful!
    i love cream blushers.
    <3
    Caroline

    www.girlygirlvsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That color looks so great on you!

    ReplyDelete