Wednesday 16 May 2012

My 'miracle' moisturiser

In case you don't know, I suffer from dry skin. It gets flaky and when I get out of the bath/swimming pool, it feels like I am wearing a tight mask (nice).

I've tried a fair few moisturisers to combat this, and Liz Earle's moisturising cream for dry skin does a pretty good job. But it is also expensive. I have found an alternative, that is as cheaps as chips and as moisturising as a...er, good moisturiser.

Aqueous cream!

This is like applying water in a cream form. It's mostly made of purified water with a bit of emulsifying wax and white soft paraffin (ew, I hate reading ingredient names, it always puts me off, even if it's not bad). However, this is counteracted by the description of it as an 'emollient moisturiser'. The word emollient is underused in my opinion, which is such a shame. It means soothing and softening, and who doesn't want their skin to feel smooth and soft, eh?

I use it before I go to bed and when I wake up in the morning. The only thing I don't like about this is that when you happen to, say, go for an impromptu run, it appears to make your face sweat more. It's like the seeped in cream creeps out to say hello again. Weird.

Apart from it's moisturising effects, the best thing about this tub is how cheap it is. £2.40 for 500ml. It does the job and it does it well. Think I'm going to be sticking with this forever! It's available in your local pharmacy.

9 comments:

  1. I put this into the bath sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! :)

    http://jen-theblondeblogger.blogspot.co.uk/

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use this after being tattooed! It is the best stuff ever because it is moisturising and so clean =) I use it on my face in winter when I get dry patches too =)
    xx
    emsipop.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooo....sounds like a great product. I have dry skin. Will try to find this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I have grown up using this, my mum always used it as had very dry skin, and I love using it too. I use it on my lips when they are really dry too and it does the trick!

    Karys x
    whosigrumblebeard.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, I forever steal splodges from the treatment room at work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice review!!
    xo


    http://www.MOSAMUSE.com
    http://www.facebook.com/MosaMuse

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing beats a good aqueous cream. Diprobase is the only thing that keeps my skin from resembling that of a scaly lizard . :)

    ReplyDelete